Hydrophone is an underwater microphone. You can hear fish talk, boats from 400m distance, whales singing or whatever sounds underwater.
In practical the hydrophone is a piezo transducer with a preamp inside a waterproof case with a little air gap. The cases we are using are just everyday tupperware - waterproof boxes, or tobacco boxes, etc.
On friday at 17:00 we will build a preamp. This is all simple
soldering - if you haven't soldered before - you will learn it now!
After that we will close the box, and have some tests. Saturday is an
extra day in case we are not ready on friday.
What will you need:
- a waterproof case, such as a metal box, stiff plastic box, etc.
Something that doesn't break and is possible to close.
- bring soldering tools if you have
- cables as long ones as you want the hydrophone to dive
- 50-200 kr for cables and little electronics (will be more exact sum closer the weekend)
What you won't need:
- any previous experience in technics or soldering
Workshop runs on friday 5.8. 17-20
Saturday 6.8. 13-16